Mindfulness for Anxiety: Is both gradual and effective.
“Only a phone call away” – 1-519-648-2985
Mindfulness for Anxiety is a free online Mindfulness-Based Anxiety Relief (M.B.A.R.) training course (click).
M.B.A.R. is modeled after Jon Kabat-Zinn’s world famous Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) training course (click).
Over 3,000 studies show mindfulness reduces anxiety. The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published the results of a ground-breaking study that found that – ‘Mindfulness-meditation appears to provide as much relief from some anxiety and depression symptoms as antidepressants.’
The ‘Mindfulness for Beginners‘ Online course is complementary.
Requiring 10-15 minutes per lesson. (7-lessons)
MINDFULNESS FOR ANXIETY
Mindfulness develops our mental faculties of Attention, Intention & Volition:
1. Attention to recognize our fear.
2. Intention to be safely grounded in our body.
3. Volition to feel the posture and allow the fear be expressed.
Mindfulness requires being interested in grounding, opening and letting go.
Why does mindfulness for anxiety work?
With more mindfulness we have more choices. With more choices we have less stress. As soon as stress arises, the mind can become preoccupied with how to get relief. One choice is to remove the cause of the stress. But most of the time it is difficult to remove the cause.
The other choice is to have a more complete experience of the fear:
- Recognizing the fear is the first step to understanding it.
- Accepting this is my fear is the second step to understanding it.
- Understanding of my fear happens by recognizing and accepting it.
“Anxiety relief training is gradual and effective.”